Jul 31, 2017

Our Moon Has Blood Clots

Just finished reading "Our Moon Has Blood Clots" by "Rahul Pandita". The book is based on the plight of Kashmiri Pandits. Its not a book, rather a journey; a very painful one. You will need guts to read it and more power to write it. Rahul Pandita discovers every bit of clapping for writing this great saga. This is perhaps the most accurate and illustrative work on conditions of KP. Some excerpts from the book: "Memory has a mind of its own. It takes off on autopilot, and flashes small incidents in front of you-incidents one has not remembered for years." "For me, though, exile is permanent. Homelessness is permanent. I am uprooted in my mind. There is nothing I can do about it. My idea of home is too perfect. My idea of love is too perfect. And home and love are too intertwined." A must read.

No comments: